Will Writing in Bristol / South West England
Why Do I Need A Will ?
A Will allows you to decide who inherits what from you when you die; without a Will you cannot dictate what happens to the assets you leave behind.
Who Should Have a Will?
· Anyone who owns property or has other assets of value.
· Anyone with children under the age of 18 years.
· Anyone who is married, separated or divorced.
· Anyone who lives with a partner but is not married.
· Anybody who has a disabled beneficiary.
· Anybody who suspects there may be a claim on their estate perhaps from a disgruntled relative , ex- partner, neighbour or friend.
Do I Need A Solicitor?
It is possible to write your own Will, however, given the value of the assets under consideration, it is always a good idea to ensure professional input so you can rest assured things have been dealt with effectively and the document is legally valid.
Whilst recognising that they need a Will, clients often ‘don’t know what they don’t know’.
So, for instance, they may not have understood the need to:
· Consider protecting assets during their lifetime as well as purely focusing upon sharing them out after death.
· Plan specifically for beneficiaries in receipt of state benefits so any inheritance does not affect their entitlement.
· Take action to ensure no more inheritance tax is paid than is necessary.
· Take specific, additional action in the event of one of their children having a problem such as drug or alcohol addiction so money from the estate is not used to support this.
· Act to ensure the estate remains within the bloodline and does not pass to an ex-partner of one of their children.
Here at The Will Associates, we are a national company with years of experience between us of meeting the needs of clients from every walk of life. We recognise that each individual or family has their own unique set of circumstances and challenges and we take the time to fully understand these. We will meet with you and your loved ones in the convenience, comfort and privacy of your own home.
For a thoroughly professional and personalised service covering all aspects of estate planning call us today to put your mind at rest on 0800 847 7050.