Why not to write your own Will
In most areas of life, things look easy until you try them yourself. At this point, you realise why the knowledge, skills and experience of the professional really matter. When it comes to writing a Will a surprising number of people think they can write out their wishes on a sheet of paper and that this will suffice when the time comes. Often, they are wrong about this and it is completely invalid. It is a case of people not knowing what they don’t know.
Do you know:
- the requirements for writing a valid Will?
- what is the best way of making provision for someone unable to care for themselves?
- how owning a business requires special consideration when writing your Will?
- how to limit the possibility of disgruntled family members making a claim on your estate?
- how best to deal with an overseas property?
- what happens if your chosen beneficiary dies first?
- what happens if you need to go into care before you die?
And so on .......
There are many, many ways in which people can go wrong when trying to write their own Will. When we are talking about the distribution of thousands, tens of thousands or hundreds of thousands of pounds worth of assets, why risk writing a Will yourself or using a cheap template?
Call Us Today
At The Will Associates, we offer a highly professional, timely service. Our consultants visit clients in the comfort and privacy of their own home ensuring they fully understand the situation and needs of the individual or couple before making any recommendations. Chris Dyer, your Bristol Consultant, has years of experience across the estate planning sector and can identify with clients their areas of vulnerability, how best to protect themselves and their loved ones.
To gain a better understanding of your areas of vulnerability and what you can do to protect yourself and your loved ones, call us today to put your mind at rest on 0800 847 7050.